The following are specifics of how I usually set things up these days, giving examples from the dev instance I'm setting up as I type this (see Conventions/vdomain for definitions). It doesn't include setting up empty tables, because I'm always working with either the live site data or a copy; the official/general instructions will eventually include that (hopefully as an automated process).
Variable settings used here:
- <$USER> = vbz
- <$HOME> = /home/vbz
Also, this is still a bit idealized as I still tend to do all work on my own servers as root. This is bad, and I am bad. It saves a lot of time and hair-pulling, however.
- Install Ferreteria
- Fetch the VbzCart codebase:
- Exit from the "git" folder, and set up config folders for VbzCart:
cd .. mkdir config cd config mkdir vbzcart cd vbzcart
The index file should work as provided, but you can always replace the "portable" link with a local folder copied from the repo, and modify to suit:
ln -rs ../../git/VbzCart/config/portable portable cd portable ln -rs index.php ../../../../../public_html/
Exit the "portable" folder:
Create a folder for settings that will need to be localized:
mkdir local cp -R ../../git/VbzCart/config/examples examples
The "local" config folder will be blank at first; we need to copy files from the "examples" folder and modify them to suit.
TODO: Make sure VbzCart can run well enough at this point to display a helpful message.
WORK IN PROCESS HERE
Currently updating these (2022-10-14).
1. Install Ferreteria (you can actually do this at any point, but it may be easier to do it first).
2. Run these commands in a terminal on your web server (you can skip
mkdir wherever the folder already exists):
- cd <$HOME>
- su <$USER>
- mkdir site
- cd site
- mkdir git
- git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:woozalia/VbzCart.git
- cd ..
- mkdir config
- cd config
- cp -R ../git/VbzCart/config vbzcart
- mv vbzcart/examples vbzcart/local
- ln -rs vbzcart/local/index.php ~/public_html/
- ln -rs vbzcart/portable/.htaccess ~/public_html/
- cd ..
- ln -rs git/VbzCart/static ~/public_html/static
- mkdir ufiles
- cd ufiles
- mkdir pub
- ln -rs pub ~/public_html/ufiles
3. Modify the files in
vbzcart/local as needed to match the current local environment. I set up the included
index.php to work with my folder-structures. This will require having a database set up so you can get the appropriate connection credentials to put in
- At this point, I think you should be able to point a browser at the domain and get something, even if it's only errors that you'll need to look at in order to figure out what's left to configure.
4. If you haven't already, make a
dropins folder under
site. Link or copy all the dropins you want to use from VbzCart into that folder.